News Feeds

News feeds containing today's top stories from trusted news sources. Discussion of news feeds can happen here. Topics will be pruned after one day of no activity to keep the database manageable.

Forum rules

To keep the database manageable, topics will be pruned after one day of no activity.

Dracula
Administrator
Administrator
Mood:

News Feeds

Post by Dracula »

Topics will be created here by the news feed bot and these stories can be discussed here. This forum will be pruned to keep the database manageable, but popular topics may be archived. If you have any questions, they may be asked in this topic. Topics will have the date and time of the feed fetch to ensure that older posts are the ones that get pruned.
Last edited by Broadcastre on Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed a spelling mistake

Formally known as Random American.
Non-Administrator related posts by me do not represent the positions of Broadcastre Computer Chat.

scooter
From phpBB.com
From phpBB.com
Mood:

Re: News Feeds

Post by scooter »

What's the amount of time before pruning?

SCOOTER

...has left the building!

Dracula
Administrator
Administrator
Mood:

Re: News Feeds

Post by Dracula »

scooter wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:49 am What's the amount of time before pruning?
A News Feed topic should last only 24 hours assuming no one replies to it here. Some have managed to last longer but that's because the autoprune in phpBB doesn't always work. In that case, I run it manually.

Edit: If a topic is replied to here, it will be pruned only after 24 hours have elapsed since the last reply was posted.

Formally known as Random American.
Non-Administrator related posts by me do not represent the positions of Broadcastre Computer Chat.